Saturday 22 January 2011

Untitled

I'm looking forward to going to the Heart and Sole Conference next Friday :-) Apparently it's sold out, so it should be good fun...

Anyway I wanted to keep track of people's tweets during the event so I made up a Twitter list based on the people on the Lanyrd pageHere it is. Plus I think the official tag is #heartandsole

But I went a bit further and I thought it might be the perfect excuse to try out Needlebase. Marshall Kirkpatrick (of RWW) has been singing the praises of this automated scraping service for a couple of weeks. So after setting up the list, I set Needlebase up to scrape everyone's page to gather their username, actual name, number of followers and location. And then I stuck them on a map
Here's the data set on Google Docs :-)

Posted via email from 40_thieves's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment