Thursday 12 August 2010

One Month Left

So I'm here again apologising for not posting in a while ;) I've been so busy here running hikes, doing crate stacking, enjoying campfires and generally having the time of my life that I haven't had much time to take photos never mind collect them up and post them here. So first of all I have photos from the top of the Hockenhorn, on a staff training hike. This is my favourite guided that we run - the peak is 3293m above sea level and involves a hike across several snow fields, glacier and a really nice long scramble up to the peak.

Then we skip a few weeks to 1st August, which is Swiss National Day. We had a special day of activities, and I was scheduled to run the COPE course for the morning. COPE course is the low ropes course that we have here (but we can't call it that because of the insurance). We had really nice weather for the day, which was great because we'd have some really crap weather the week before. 

Then we had the carnival on the campsite - all the staff got dressed up as "Simply Swiss" things. I was dressed up as REGA, the Swiss helicopter rescue service. The other staff were dressed up as Swiss cheese, walking signs, the local cable cars and William Tell. 

Finally I've got pictures from the International Campfire, with some pictures of an Italian group who had a great skit - with costumes, music and spaghetti. As you can see there's a lot of people there - over 500 turned up on the night.

Posted via email from Ali's Kandersteg Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment