Tuesday 26 July 2011

SNICE Update and Balmhornhutte

So it's high time that I updated what I'm doing here... 

I've been taking groups up for about 2 weeks now, which I'm loving :) The groups we've had so far have been pretty cool and have all managed to get the activities done (without too much moaning!). The next week is a bit quiet, but it's apparently it's meant to pick up a bit after August 1st. 

I was up on Wednesday night, and the night before that was a snowstorm! Luckily we still managed to get the group up and onto the glacier for a bit of a play, but not before I managed to grab a couple of photos.

Today was my day off, and I felt like going and doing something (rather than sitting around on my backside), so I decided to go up to Balmhornhutte in the afternoon. I've been on a bit of a hut-bagging kick lately after seeing a list of all the huts in the area. I've visited Frundenhutte, Lotschenpasshutte, Doldenhornhutte, and I'll be up at Lohnerhutte on Tuesday.

I was feeling like going pretty quick up to the hut, but even I was surprised was I saw the hut... I managed to get up there in an hour and a half, and down in about the same time. To be honest I could have made it down quicker, but I was pretty scared looking down the massive drop-off on one side. Despite this I really enjoyed going up there, especially at my own pace :) 

Til next time.....

Posted via email from Ali's Kandersteg Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment