Monday 12 September 2011

Bouldering in Frutigen

I'm actually back home from Kandersteg now, but catching up on posts :)

On one of my last days at KISC I was hoping to do Balmhorn, the biggest peak in Kandersteg at 3698m, with another one of the staff - Kike from Spain. However, the weather foiled us with really low cloud and pouring rain all day. Unfortunately that means we couldn't do anything outside, and it felt like a waste to sit around all day.

So instead, we decided to go bouldering in Frutigen (the next town down the valley). Kike had been to this amazing place in the basement of a school back in 2009 during his season. I didn't really know what to expect but I really enjoyed myself and would love to go back sometime. 

We ended up going with a couple of the other staff - Big Dave (AU) and Brian (IE). The bouldering room was great, with some really challenging stuff. I started of by following a route that had grips in the shape of the alphabet, going from A to Z. This almost killed my arms as some of the moves were really quite hard. After this we had a crack at the awesome overhang, which I'm normally completely useless at. I'm pretty happy with myself as I managed to get the most of the overhang moves done.

A pretty good way to finish up my summer :)

Posted via email from Ali's Kandersteg Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment