Wednesday 1 February 2012

Thirty Days of Running

Photo credit: kharied on Flickr

I've finally pulled my finger out and decided to properly start with this blog. I shamelessly pinched the idea for this blog off Andrew Dubber's posts doing the same thing. Originally I was going to post half formed ideas here, every day for thirty days. Quite frankly that died quickly, as I didn't have enough post-worthy ideas or the time to flesh out others. I may still end up doing that sometime. 

Anyway, this has morphed into something more along the lines of what Google spam killing chief Matt Cutts does every now and then: 30 days of ... something - anything. So to start off I'm going to try running every day for the next 30 days. For all of my 30 day projects I'm going to be keeping an eye on how I'm doing using another of Dubber's ideas: the 30 day calendar.

I've got a fairly set route that goes from my flat down through Southsea, along the sea front for a bit, and then back to my flat. The route is just under 5km. I've been using MyTracks, an app from Google to trace my routes and get some statistics like distance, average speed, etc. 

Why running? Well, number one I'm pretty out of shape, but I think I'm more motivated to do something that gets me up early and active. I've found that I'm better at sitting down and getting some work done during the day if I've been running in the morning. 

Well, that's pretty much it. I'll report back at the end of my 30 days to write up how I've done.

Posted via email from 30 Days of...

No comments:

Post a Comment