Sunday 7 November 2010

Frustrating evening with RSS

I've had a very frustrating evening - I said yesterday that I might actually have a good idea for a post, rather than pointless rambling....

I use an extremely useful little Twitter application called packrati.us which grabs any URL that I post on Twitter and automatically saves it in my Delicious account. This allows me to very easily find links that I've found interesting in the past and find them again. What I was planning to do was somehow grab all the links that I've posted in the last week and serve them up every Sunday as a simple list, with a quick explanation of why I thought them useful. I was hoping that Yahoo Pipes, might be able to help do this, but I've found the documentation very poor and no real explanation of how to do things. All I need is a good way of saying once a week, but without using a specific date, as this would obviously not work. If anyone knows a good way of doing this drop a comment below, or check the contact details in the sidebar (the best is probably Twitter).

Maybe I'll be able to figure it out sometime, but I wanted to get a blog post out today. Or I guess I could do it manually, but that feels a bit stupid considering how useful RSS is.

However on a more positive note, my Mum, Dad and my little sister came down to visit me today. We had a pretty cool day out in Portsmouth, to celebrate my birthday :-)

Posted via email from 40_thieves's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment