Monday 15 November 2010

The Week's Links for 8 - 14th November

Here's the links that I found interesting enough to post on Twitter in the last week. I think this is going to turn into a more regular feature, probably every Sunday - I'm thinking a quick recap on the week. By the way, this is enabled by the awesome technology of packrati.us which automatically captures all the links I post on Twitter and saves them in delicious.

Techcrunch starts off the tidal wave of rumours about Facebook launching a web-based email client, supposedly on Monday. The interesting question for me is whether it'll allow people to sign up without an email address - something that (I think) will really attract young users, who are currently signing up with Hotmail, because of MSN chat.

There's 3 hacked Kinect stories this week, because I'm really excited and impressed about it. The potential for really accurate motion sensing is fascinating.

Depressing that I was taken in by the Lib Dems, before the election. It seems Clegg was planning to raise student fees  before the election.

Quite a funny video of Alonso and Massa on a rollercoaster in Abu Dhabi (I'm assuming in the Ferrari World theme park). Not sure Alonso is really enjoying himself...

I'd like to know more about this, but the web page is very bare with no real explanation of what it does, but I think it turns HTML5 into native phone apps. Which would be awesomely cool if true.

An excellent piece on loneliness by Robert Ebert, capturing some of my thoughts and feelings perfectly

Would want one of these :-) Badges for inbox zero!

Report that David Cameron's "favourite" think tank "insisted that Thatcher's policy had not gone far enough" :-(

Pretty cool webapp from the HTML5 genius Jeremy Keith, hacked together at Science Hack Day SF. 

More Kinect stuff - this guy has overlaid the live video feed on the depth sensor, thereby creating a pseudo-3D. It's pretty cool :-)

Finally Matt Cutts, the web spam guy at Google, sets a open Kinect challenge offering $1000 to the "coolest" Kinect hack, and another $1000 to whoever makes it easiest to write programs on Linux.

PS. Sorry this post is a little late - lost track of time...

Posted via email from 40_thieves's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment