Tuesday 16 November 2010

Short but sweet

OK two short posts today: Google Voice begging and Freecycle

Google Voice is an amazing service that's only available in the US (and maybe Canada) at the moment. Basically it bundles up all your phone and SMS into one nice interface. They've helpfully made a nice video to explain it:
And I'm begging Google to bring it out over here! Please! I'd love to use it and I'd sign up instantly...

The other quick post is about Freecycle a cool service I've signed up to back at home, and here at uni - it allows people in your area to offer stuff that they want to get rid of for free. I have it set to bundle up the posts into, usually several, emails per day. I've seen loads of old TVs given away for free, bikes and lots of other stuff. The sign up process is a bit of a pain, but it's fairly well explained when you join the email group.

Short but sweet (I hope) today :-)

Posted via email from 40_thieves's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment